7/09/2011

where's My Letter?

Every Harry Potter fan wonders why they didn’t get heir letter. Some, who fall off the bandwagon, much like with Santa Clause, claim that Hogwarts is not real. Some say that their letter just got lost. And I’m going to step out of the little fantasy world I live in on this blog and be blunt. I know Harry Potter may not exist but I like to think that struggles like his do. I’d like to think that people must struggle with the evil vs. good concept all the time. I’d like to think that there are people out there like the witches and wizards of Hogwarts. And who knows? Maybe there are. I would love to live in a place like Hogwarts-magical or not. The people there share one simple string in common; they are there because of how special they are. They share friendships, triumphs and failures. I would love to meet someone like George or Fred, funny and charming all the time. Maybe someone like Collin Creevy, sometimes overbearing but he will take a bullet-er, spell for you. Maybe my best friend would be Hermionie, she’s smart and yet still has her wits about her. And she grows up to beautiful. Maybe I would have a best guy friend (maybe a boyfriend) like Ron. He’s practical. He has a pretty good sense of right and wrong. And he makes mistakes, and admits to them. Maybe another friend in my circle would be Harry. He would be a good person to help me when I’m up against something bigger than me. He would help me out whenever I need it. And he would get into shenanigans with me to. I might have a “loony” friend like Luna, she can be a good friend that stands by you when you need her most, and she has a different view of the world, which can be good for problem solving. Maybe I’ll know someone like Neville, who may not appear to be very smart, but turn out to be amazing at something that I have no clue about. Maybe I’ll know someone like Ginny, who is faithful and knows how to take life with a dash of salt and sometimes sugar. She would be a good best friend. Now that I think about it, I know many people like the ones I listed above. I know a Luna and a Ginny. I know a Harry and a Hermionie and a Ron. I know a Collin and a George. I can conclude that Hogwarts is not just simply a place; it is a personification of the world. It has evil and it has good. It has friends and triumphs. But it also has fears and failures. It has all of the things that it takes to live. So don’t sit around wishing and wanting your letter to Hogwarts, because you may just find that Hogwarts is all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment