7/14/2011

What Harry Potter taught me...

I grew up with Harry Potter. Literally. When the idea first poped into J.K. Rowling's head, I wasn't even born. When the first book came out, I was 2. When the first movie was being produced, I was 4. When I discovered the wonderful world of Harry Potter, I was 8 or 9. And by it's ending, I am now 14. Ten happy years later, here I am, celebrating one of the greatest franchises in the world. Harry Potter has taught me many important values and lessons and that is what I want to reflect on today.
  1. There is no definate line of Good and Evil. People cannot be purely good or purely evil. They mush have both in order to be human. They may loose one side of them , but each of us has that decision.
  2. Bravery may as well be one of the greatest traits in a person. If one is brave, so much more can result from that.
  3. If you put your mind to something, you can achive it.
  4. Anyone has the ability to become anything that they want.
  5. There is always magic in the world, you just have to look for it.
  6. If you surround yourself with good friends, you will be the happiest person alive.
  7. Sometimes, things may not be clear, but in the end, it will all reveal itself to you.

So let's raise our Butterbeer mugs to a franchise that has raised a generation, taught values and given countless number of people something to hope for, a small white envelope adressed to them, giving them acceptance to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

No comments:

Post a Comment