8/04/2011

A Very potter Musical...

This past week, my cousin snet me a link to something I think that changed my life. Not so much in the Harry Potter life changinf epicness, but close to that. A Very potter Muscial. Review. It was roll on the floor, peeing your pants, years rolling down your eyes, hiccups for the rest of your life funny. The great thing is, it poked fun at Harry Potter in a way that fans can appriciate. The best example? A Voldy-Quirrel-Belatrix love triangle. It's been written hundreds, if not thousands of times. And it worked. And Malfoy had a Crush on Hermione. Again, it's been written thousands of times. And the thing that gets me every time? Ron. Joey Richter was amazing. And so was the writng for Ron. He always had some sort of snack. And he was angsty. And was painted as the guy that's just always there, useless. And just.so.funny. There were power balads, jazz numbers, even a tap number by Joe Walker a.k.a Voldemort, who made Voldemort forever sexy in my mind. The musical had a rawness about it. It wasn't like any other show I've ever seen before. It was so much diffrent. And that's what makes it even better. And the singing. For any theater nerd like me, I rejoiced at the singing. Not only was it funny and well writtem but it was musically amazing. Let's call this play, A Very Potter Triple Threat. I haven't seen the sequel, but I plan to take a chunk out of my day to watch it all by myself, so I can revel in the Harry Potter epicness all over again. Bits and pieces. Stars: 5/5 Rating: PG-13 for sexual refrences, swearing and adult humor. Who should watch this? Everyone who is anyone. It has some spoilers for both the books an movies, so be wary if you don't want to ruin anything. Cast. HARRY – Darren Criss RON – Joey Richter HERMIONE – Bonnie Gruesen VOLDEMORT – Joe Walker QUIRREL – Brian Rosenthal DRACO – Lauren Lopez DUMBLEDORE – Dylan Saunders SNAPE – Joe Moses GINNY – Jamie-Lyn Beatty GOYLE/RUMBLEROAR – Jim Povolo NEVILLE – Richard Campbell CHO CHANG – Devin Lytle LAVENDER BROWN – Sango Tajima CRABBE – Julia Albain CEDRIC – Tyler Brunsman BELLATRIX – Britney Coleman MOLLY WEASLEY – Lily Marks

No comments:

Post a Comment